Monday, October 18, 2004

Xiang Qi

Xiang Qi (pronounced "Shiang Chi") is Chinese Chess. Not to be confused with Shogi, which is Japanese Chess.

I have recently begun playing this game. I had learned the moves years ago but hadn't really played until very recently. A co-worker of mine is Chinese and has been willing to play with me, so I picked up the game again.

I was originally thinking about placing Xiang Qi related posts in the chess blog, but that blog is already my busiest and (a) I didn't want to clutter it up further and (b) I didn't think that most of the people visiting that blog will care about Xiang Qi. So I created this blog, where I plan to record my Xiang Qi games and provide links to other Chinese Chess content on the web.

An excellent book to learn to play this game is David Li's.

No comments: